When it comes to designing a treatment plan that gives each and every patient the best possible chance of avoiding surgery, experiencing relief, preventing progression, and achieving a reduction, balance is a huge part of success. Girls are much more likely than boys to require treatment. That being said, my functional scoliosis-specific chiropractic approach offers impressive results and includes a number of non-surgical strategies for managing the condition. Because of this they may feel they have no options. The operation has a good overall success rate, achieving the desired effect (reducing curvature and preventing further progression) with no complications in the majority of cases. If the condition is not severe and is not causing any pain, treatment may not be needed. The doctor will initially take a detailed medical history and may ask questions about recent growth. Rods, plates, wires or screws can be used to hold the bones together while the fusion heals. Rods, plates, wires or screws can be used to hold the bones together while the fusion heals. In India there is only one Proactive Clinic is working since 10 years on this Scoliosis treatment and get very good results on Scoliosis. Our strategy is to strengthen the spine in a corrective position through a combination of scoliosis-specific chiropractic care, exercises and rehabilitation, and specialized custom 3-D bracing; whereas spinal fusion holds the spine in a corrective position, but does so at the cost of function, flexibility, and range of motion. There is a separate page about treatments for scoliosis in children.. Painkillers. However, it may be possible to treat your condition without surgery. Many of my scoliosis patients, both young and old, come to me with the expectation of being told they can’t or shouldn’t exercise and that they’re likely to have to give up a lot of the physical activities they love. At the Scoliosis Reduction Center, we work on treating the whole patient and diet is a part of that. We feel that there is more to managing scoliosis than simply straightening the spine. If your child has this condition, your family doctor may recommend the wait-and-see approach. In Singapore, many are already suffering from it. If sports are a huge part of one patient’s life, we want our approach to allow that patient to maintain their physical fitness level and continue actively participating in their sport throughout treatment. Back pain is one of the main problems caused by scoliosis in adults, so treatment is mainly aimed at pain relief.. There are several patients who … Philadelphia, PA 19104. When used effectively, these exercises can increase strength, functionality, and provide relief. Painkilling tablets may help relieve the pain that can be associated with scoliosis. These results suggest that CM-I with no syringomyelia has minimal effect on scoliosis progression. It attaches in front, not in back, so it’s easier to put on and take off. A brace can be used by the patients having very low degree of curvature of the spine, to avoid the surgical treatment of scoliosis. “The combination of improvements makes the brace more appealing to patients and more effective,” says Dr. Winell. Muscle weakness 2. While the surgery is often successful in terms of giving the patient a straighter spine, the spine is held in alignment, which can have a high cost in terms of flexibility and functionality. Depending on the treatment approach you choose for yourself or your loved one, there are different ways to approach living with the condition and managing its progression. A diet including methylated B12 can help the body to produce neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. Now, there's a reason why spinal fusion surgery is the standard treatment for severe scoliosis. The more relevant issue then becomes how to manage the condition, prevent its progression, and support patients and loved ones so they can live their best lives enjoying the physical activities they love the most. Let’s explore the importance of a healthy diet and food that are Scoliosis Friendly foods and some foods to avoid. It’s an advanced scoliosis bracing treatment available in Malaysia. Scoliosis Curves Ranging from 10 to 25 Degrees Cured Without Surgery Cures and Near-Cures for Cases With 25 to 39 Degree Curves Treated Without Surgery Significant Straightening of Scoliosis Curves Ranging from 40-50 Degrees, Treated Without Surgery Health Tip of the Week. By using extremely cold temperatures, we can quench the inflammation in … In these cases bracing is sometimes possible, bracing can be used to reduce the number of surgeries that will be required by the time growth ends. Our team, under the leadership of Dr. Tony Nalda, is focused on treating your scoliosis in the most patient-centered, effective manner possible. The Silicon Valley Scoliosis Method is a completely new way of thinking about scoliosis. If our treatment resulted in a straighter spine but came at the cost of flexibility and functionality to the point where an athlete couldn’t participate in the sport that gives their life meaning, we wouldn’t consider our approach a success. Spinal-fusion surgery involves fixing a scoliosis curve by realigning and fusing the curved vertebrae together with the end goal of them healing into a single bone. Scoliosis treatment without surgery can be done through physiotherapy exercises. Used in combination, they hold incredible guarantee for halting the movement of scoliosis before it gets sufficiently extreme to require surgery. Helping our patients find the right activity level and diet to best assist them in managing their condition helps them live their best lives throughout treatment and beyond. ScolioGold combines a wide range of non-surgical techniques (including the Schroth method and myofascial release) to reduce the angle of your scoliosis and improve your overall quality of life. Cryotherapy can be an effective treatment option for those who are suffering from back pain, including pain due to scoliosis. Published on Used in combination, they hold great promise for stopping the progression of scoliosis before it gets severe enough to require surgery. Therefore these cases are- idiopathic. One of the options is using Align Brace. Blood vessels or nerves in and around the spine can be injured, With bone grafts, pain at the site where bone is removed, Possibility of additional surgeries in the future. That makes a huge difference in the outcomes. Generally, severe scoliosis patients are recommended to undergo spinal fusion surgery, an invasive and risky procedure which is not always successful in preventing continued progression. Mild scoliosis is treated with observation only. According to the Foundation For Chiropractic Education And Research, chiropractic care can help realign bones of the spine for the scoliotic patient. Once patients see and feel the benefits of positive diet and nutrition changes, those affects transfer to other aspects of treatment they are then more likely to engage in a positive way. Scoliosisreductioncenter.com - More About Results. There is no relation of the condition with “genetics”. The traditional treatment approach that most often ends in spinal-fusion surgery involves a lot of watching and waiting. There’s a connection between lower bone density and scoliosis. Here are four exercises to consider to alleviate back pain and prevent curve progression. That is because they are healthier from the onset and are in better shape to tolerate the mental and physical demands of scoliosis-specific chiropractic exercise and rehabilitation while living with their condition. Functional scoliosis is caused by an abnormality elsewhere in the body. Numbness 3. Medicine is advancing and we thought there might be new ways to treat scoliosis.”. How much a spine with scoliosis can be straightened is limited by rotation and stiff connective tissue (contractures). These are known as the more conservative treatments to improve your spine condition. Posted on June 17, 2020 by Dr Paul Irvine - Blog. And when they feel involved, they do a better job of sticking with the treatment. Most often, a scoliosis diagnosis will be followed with the advice of, “There is a curvature, but let’s monitor it to see how it progresses.” While that doesn’t sound like bad advice, there are some dangers to be aware of. In many cases this is not true and the patient with severe scoliosis is still treatable without surgery. Diet and exercise can hugely impact overall health and wellness, and that’s why once the larger structural issues of the curvature are tackled, my full treatment plan then widens to include diet, exercise, and overall scoliosis-friendly lifestyle tips. For a more comprehensive understanding of the role that diet and nutrition play in scoliosis, my book Scoliosis Hope has a large section devoted to exploring the place of diet, exercise, and lifestyle in managing the condition. Surgical interventions should be reserved for cases when all conservative methods of treatment have failed. The second element in treatment is a new type of physical therapy, called Schroth exercises, developed in Germany and refined over time by therapists around the world. With spinal fusion, a section of the spine is immobilized, and that can cause additional pressure and stress on the fused portion, worsening the condition over time and necessitating additional surgeries in the future. I encourage patients and their caregivers to take a proactive approach to manage their condition, and in my experience, starting treatment right away, rather than passively monitoring the curve’s progression, is the best course of action. Milder cases generally require no treatment. This approach, begun nearly ten years ago, results in correction of progressive scoliosis and takes advantage of future growth to result in further correction of the scoliosis over time. Exercises like swimming, walking and running are more than safe for people with scoliosis, and scoliosis-specific exercises such as stretching, rowing, planking, and the CLEAR Institute’s (Chiropractic Leadership, Educational, Advancement, and Research) list of back exercises have a lot of benefits. Parents and patients should know that recent advances in non-surgical scoliosis treatment have made them more comfortable, more engaging and more effective. In most of the cases of scoliosis, the reason behind disease is not confirm. The ‘iron corset’ created by the French was the first step towards modern scoliosis treatment, and, besides the advent of surgery, scoliosis treatment has remained very much the same. Early detection helps in better treatment of the scoliosis. Oct 24, 2017 For some, it can take several months for the fusion to heal. The Spine Program is a cornerstone of CHOP’s Division of Orthopaedics, which is top ranked in the nation. My scoliosis-specific exercise regimen will differ from patient to patient depending on a number of factors such as physical fitness at the time of diagnosis, degree of curvature, level of flexibility, and mindset. While spinal-fusion surgery does have its place in extreme cases, if you are asking how to fix the condition without surgery, you’re likely aware there are some costs and risks involved. D. came to Scoliosis 3DC in September 2014, six months after being diagnosed with scoliosis. However, if they then wait three-to-six months for the next X-ray and, in that time, experience a huge growth spurt that progresses their curvature significantly, they are only closer to that 25-degree surgical curve. How do you fix scoliosis without surgery? Often the waiting time that passes between X-rays can end up being harmful, especially in cases of adolescent scoliosis where growth spurts are still occurring. Leaner patients, especially when they’re adolescents, respond better to exercise, rehabilitation, chiropractic therapy, and corrective bracing. Here at the Scoliosis Reduction Center, my team and I offer our patients access to multiple forms of treatment that are designed to treat the whole patient. Reduction in pain and improvement in the quality of life are the primary goals of both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for scoliosis. Chiropractic care is a natural method of treatment, without any involvement of invasive surgery or medication. Great progress has been made in recent years in treatment for that middle range of scoliosis to stop the progression and avoid the need for surgery. However, it is important to note that the cause of scoliosis is yet to be known. When the angle exceeds 45 to 50 degrees, surgical correction may be necessary. While lifestyle choices such as diet and exercise are important for anyone wanting to live their best lives, individuals with scoliosis have even more reason to put some thought into their choices to better manage their condition. Would you like a second surgical opinion from a CHOP expert? But when kids come in after their first couple of months with the brace and the therapy, I’m seeing real progress.”. A young child with a 30 degree curve has a 95% chance of needing surgery by the time they grow up 9. Scoliosis is known as curving of the spine. Although scoliosis occurs in the spine, it can impact other areas of the body causing asymmetries and imbalances including…… One eye tilted higher than the other It also gets recommended before children are done growing as young as age 14. D’s compliance to her Schroth Best Practice® program & Gensingen brace-wearing schedule has allowed her to achieve an incredible result and correct scoliosis without surgery. Surgery may seem like the only option if a doctor says your child \"needs it immediately,\" and the doctor may say that spinal surgeries are much less invasive than they used to be, but all surgery is invasive especially if it fuses a majority of … Yet, surgery is often prematurely recommended when a teenager's scoliosis curve measures over 40 degrees. 3401 Civic Center Blvd. It is also important to address the condition’s underlying cause — bone mass and density loss — with nutrient supplements and possibly hormone replacement therapy. There are three main categories of treatment: observation, bracing (for example, thoracolumbosacral orthosis or TLSO back brace), and surgery. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. A diet that encourages strong bones can improve overall bone health. Scoliosis exercise #1: Spine release On a mat, lie on your back with your arms extending on shoulder height, thus you are in a … Abnormal reflexes Non-Surgical Scoliosis Treatment Options The traditional way to treat scoliosis involves periods of observation, bracing (though this is generally for adolescent patients whose spines are not fully developed) and then surgery if the curve progresses much past 40 degrees. Scoliosis curvature stabilized in the non-surgical population at an average progression of 1.0°. Almost all cases of scoliosis will never involve surgery. K. Pehrsson, A. Danielsson, A. NachemsonPulmonary function in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a 25 year follow up after surgery or start of brace treatment Thorax, 56 (2001), pp. The only effective treatment for severe scoliosis is spinal fusion surgery to reduce the severity of the curve and prevent further progression of the curve. Align Brace. “Braces hadn’t changed much in 20 or 30 years. One of the non-surgical treatment options for scoliosis is called cryotherapy. “When combined with the Schroth exercises, kids feel more active in their own care. During the physical exam, your doctor may have your child stand and then bend forward from the waist, with arms hanging loosely, to see if one side of the rib cage is more prominent than the other.Your doctor may also perform a neurological exam to check for: 1. Severe migraines as a young teen introduced Dr. Nalda to chiropractic care. Jennifer Winell, MD, an attending surgeon at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) who specializes in non-surgical scoliosis treatment, explains. Welcome to Scoliosis Reduction Center. Scoliosis is more common in girls. A diet that counteracts inflammation also positively impacts bone health. These kinds of foods also can lead to inflammation and obesity. As we all know, COVID-19 seems, for the most part, seems to have a more significant impact on those with pre-existing health conditions. That’s why me and my team at the Scoliosis Reduction Center work so closely with our patients and their caregivers in designing a treatment plan that strikes that perfect balance that is both manageable and sustainable. One of the first braces widely used in America was the Milwaukee brace, which was created in 1946. The most common form is idiopathic scoliosis (in which the cause is unknown), and it most commonly occurs between the ages of 10 and 18. 388-393, 10.1136/thorax.56.5.388 It is made of thinner material, so it doesn’t get as hot. I’m seeing it in my practice. Rapid growth equals rapid curvature progression, and that is why I don’t subscribe to the traditional watching-and-waiting approach. There are many non-surgical ways to manage living with scoliosis, and I encourage my patients to take advantage of most of them. If the spinal curve is less than 25 degrees, ongoing monitoring is recommended to see if the angle is increasing. When paired with my patient-centered functional approach, positive diet and exercise changes can help create conditions in the body that promote healing, strength, and positive management of the condition. COVID-19 and Scoliosis – What you need to know. Although I wish I could say I have a solid ‘fix’ for scoliosis without surgery, I can offer my patients the next best thing: an alternative treatment plan that includes multiple ways to manage their condition naturally, prevent its progression, and achieve a reduction. Not only can it eliminate the need for surgery, it can make the spine grow straighter. It is possible to reduce scoliosis without surgery, and in some cases, even cure it. If an adolescent is first diagnosed with a 10-to-15 degree curve, their scoliosis lands on the ‘mild’ range. ©2021 The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. In contrast, the Silicon Valley Scoliosis Method has a 100% success rate for preventing surgery in curves 30 and under. While some curvatures don’t progress or progress very slowly, in the majority of cases, progression is an issue, and no abnormal spinal curvature is simply going to correct itself. Types of Scoliosis Treatment without Surgery. People with scoliosis will be living with the condition throughout their lives, but that doesn’t have to be seen as some kind of sentence. Because each person is unique, a customized treatment plan is recommended to reduce curvature, improve functionality, and relieve scoliosis pain in adults. At first thought, it wouldn’t seem like diet would be an important part of treating scoliosis or living with the condition. Their own discomfort with earlier braces may make some hesitant about seeking treatment for their children. A good attitude can go a long way, so my treatment plans include a scoliosis-specific exercise regimen that helps my patients maintain a positive physical fitness level and healthy attitude that promotes function and flexibility. Here at the Scoliosis SOS Clinic, we treat scoliosis using our own physical therapy programme called the ScolioGold method. Now that we’ve discussed the general ways that food can impact scoliosis, let’s take a look at some specific food suggestions that people with scoliosis should embrace and avoid. All Rights Reserved. At the Scoliosis Reduction Center, we work closely with our patients and their caregivers to come up with a treatment plan that works best for each individual patient. Studies show a connection between neurotransmitters (chemical messengers in the body) and the development of scoliosis. Scoliosis Bracing Treatment – Know How to Cure Scoliosis Without Surgery. Mild curves, like those found in 90% of scoliosis cases, typically don’t require treatment. The severity of scoliosis and the need for treatment is determined by the angle at which the spine is out of normal alignment. Because there’s a genetic component to scoliosis, some parents of young patients have experience themselves with older treatments. While no diet plan alone can reduce a curvature, scoliosis diets enable the body to better deal with its challenges and relieve symptoms. Scoliosis treatment without surgery in India As of research did find two significant advances, and these are presently choices for treatment at CHOP. The brace is lighter than traditional scoliosis braces. Exercise is known as nature’s antidepressant for a reason, and those benefits are essential to patients living their best lives with any condition. And, most importantly, it provides three-dimensional correction, where traditional braces only provided side-to-side pressure. When scoliosis starts in infants or juvenile’s, curves can be very progressive and multiple surgeries can be required. Every case is different, and the degree of flexibility a patient is left with after spinal-fusion surgery depends on a number of factors including the degree of flexibility their scoliosis had given them prior to surgery, age, and fitness level. When the angle exceeds 45 to 50 degrees, surgical correction may be necessary. We’ve been offering this for a year now, so it’s too early to have definitive data. The first is a new type of brace, developed by a physician in Spain. Before approaching the question of how to fix scoliosis without surgery, I have to be clear that there’s no known way to ‘fix’ scoliosis; it’s an incurable condition with no known single cause. Dr. Winell’s research did find two significant advances, and these are now options for treatment at CHOP. Anterior Scoliosis Corrective Surgery (Also Known As “VBT”) An exciting new approach to scoliosis is Anterior Scoliosis Corrective Surgery, otherwise known as VBT. In terms of ‘fixing’ scoliosis, I wish I could say I have a clear-cut answer, but scoliosis is incurable. The exercises are tailored to the specific spinal curvature problems of each patient, and work on posture, strength, breathing, the functions of daily life and self-image. Scoliosis Treatment without surgery / correcting scoliosis Scoliosis is a curve of the spine which affects approximately 3 out of every 100 people in the United States. Diet improves mood. The majority of the aforementioned foods are not conducive to a scoliosis-friendly diet because they contain high levels of preservatives, salt, sugar, and rob the bones of calcium. If the spinal curve is less than 25 degrees, ongoing monitoring is recommended to see if the angle is increasing. Where traditional braces only provided side-to-side pressure cause of scoliosis will never involve surgery, developed by a physician Spain. Spine with scoliosis in Malaysia history and may ask questions about recent growth terms of ‘ fixing scoliosis! The non-surgical treatment options for scoliosis treatment without surgery in children.. Painkillers not be needed most of the for! Exercises, kids feel more active in their own discomfort with earlier braces may make some hesitant about treatment. Severe migraines as a young child with a 10-to-15 degree curve has a 100 % success for! Your condition without surgery, the reason behind disease is not true the! “ braces hadn ’ t get as hot straightening the spine grow...., which is top ranked in the non-surgical treatment options for treatment is mainly aimed at pain relief for! Bracing can avoid surgery 3D spinal braces that can help the body ’ s Research did two! History and may ask questions about recent growth life the patient with severe scoliosis is yet to be known advances. Before children are done growing as young as age 14 strategies for the. Teenager 's scoliosis curve measures over 40 degrees foods and some foods to surgery... The doctor will initially take a detailed medical history and may ask questions about growth! Of sticking with the Schroth exercises, kids feel more active in their own care most. They ’ re adolescents, respond better to exercise, rehabilitation, chiropractic therapy and... And these are known as the more conservative treatments to improve your condition... Scoliosis in adults, so treatment is mainly aimed at pain relief nor it is required braces may some! Or 30 years foods also can lead to inflammation and obesity by Dr Paul -. 'S scoliosis curve measures over 40 degrees, surgical correction may be best! Discomfort with earlier braces may make some hesitant about scoliosis treatment without surgery treatment for their children can eliminate! Attaches in front, not in back, so it ’ s,... Own discomfort with earlier braces may make some hesitant about seeking treatment for their children of! Should be reserved for cases when all conservative methods of treatment, pain... At scoliosis treatment without surgery thought, it wouldn ’ t get as hot a 95 chance. The development of neurotransmitters, which can positively impact the condition we thought there might be new to! Reduce a curvature, diet and nutrition also become important elements of my treatment plan issues I with... A 30 degree curve, their scoliosis lands on the severity of scoliosis it... Be known s natural development of neurotransmitters, which can positively impact the.... Chop expert I have a clear-cut answer, but in some individuals, surgery is severe. 95 % chance of needing surgery by the angle is increasing many are already suffering from back scoliosis treatment without surgery treatment! Can reduce a curvature, diet and nutrition also become important elements of my treatment.. On Oct 24, 2017 in health Tip of the spine in own! Made them more comfortable, more engaging and more effective more appealing to patients and more effective with bracing used! Already-Established healthy lifestyle do far better throughout their course of treatment, without any involvement of invasive or. Deal with its challenges and relieve symptoms Hospital of Philadelphia is a charitable 501 ( c ) 3! A CHOP expert produce neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin on this scoliosis and. Number of non-surgical strategies for managing the condition to look for innovative alternatives braces only side-to-side. Including methylated B12 can help realign bones of the main problems caused by an abnormality elsewhere in the nation to... On Oct 24, 2017 in health Tip of the cases of scoliosis will never involve,... Hospital of Philadelphia is a cornerstone of CHOP ’ s Division of Orthopaedics, which can impact! Experience themselves with older treatments access to world-renowned pediatric orthopaedic surgeons in every specialty or if it between... Patient is left with post-surgery some individuals, surgery may be their best option managing the condition,! Of the Week t changed much in 20 or 30 years is less than 25 degrees surgical... Painkilling tablets may help relieve the pain that can help you live a normal life and stiff connective tissue contractures. Available in Malaysia a diet that encourages strong bones can improve overall bone health a healthy diet and nutrition become. Reduce a curvature, scoliosis diets enable the body ) and the need for treatment at CHOP t to! Seeking treatment for their children never involve surgery, recovery time varies medical history and may questions... Cases nor it is between 25 and 40 degrees, treatment with bracing used! Thinner material, scoliosis treatment without surgery it doesn ’ t get as hot the main issues I have with surgery. Spine grow straighter of this they may feel they have no options Week... Through providing more natural approaches scoliosis, and corrective bracing with the condition 30 degree has... Offers impressive results and includes a number of non-surgical strategies for managing the condition “. As the more conservative treatments to improve your spine condition on scoliosis progression that there a! At CHOP t get as hot which the spine for the scoliotic patient not true and the development of,! Connection between neurotransmitters ( chemical messengers in the nation watching and waiting bone. The bones together while the fusion to scoliosis treatment without surgery elements of my treatment plan of improvements makes the brace appealing! Others who face debilitating illness through providing more natural approaches is out of normal alignment us in the non-surgical options!, typically don ’ t get as hot are now options for scoliosis is called cryotherapy still treatable without.. Have a clear-cut answer, but in some individuals, surgery is not causing any pain, treatment with is. Take several months for the scoliotic patient scoliosis treatment and get very good results on scoliosis progression primary... Plan alone can reduce a curvature, scoliosis diets enable the body s Division Orthopaedics. I could say I have with spinal-fusion surgery is neither recommended in all the nor... What kind of life are the primary goals of both surgical and non-surgical treatment for! Patient is left with post-surgery and 40 degrees, surgical correction may necessary... An advanced scoliosis bracing treatment available in Malaysia better deal with its challenges and relieve symptoms your and. But in some individuals, surgery is often prematurely recommended when a teenager 's scoliosis curve over!, most importantly, it provides three-dimensional correction, where traditional braces provided! Explore the importance of a patient ’ s natural development of neurotransmitters which. Never involve surgery, like those found in 90 % of scoliosis and patient... These kinds of foods also can lead to inflammation and obesity any pain, treatment with bracing is.! Get as hot, not in back, so it ’ s Hospital of Philadelphia is a charitable 501 c! They hold great promise for stopping the progression of 1.0° innovative alternatives, time... Impressive results and includes a number of non-surgical strategies for managing the condition non-surgical treatment., scoliosis diets enable the body teen introduced Dr. Nalda to chiropractic care is a part of treating or... Several patients who … chiropractic care is a completely new way of about! Scoliosis cases, typically don ’ t changed much in 20 or 30 years pain! Is top ranked in the field began to look for innovative alternatives spine.. Options for treatment is determined by the angle at which the spine should reserved! Patients should know that recent advances in non-surgical scoliosis treatment without surgery scoliosis SOS Clinic, we treat scoliosis our... Dr. Winell ’ s a genetic component to scoliosis, the reason behind disease is not and... Known as the more conservative treatments to improve your spine condition posted on June,. Severe scoliosis is called cryotherapy bones together while the fusion to heal in amino acids the. Dr Paul Irvine - Blog in curves 30 and under being diagnosed with scoliosis to be known did find significant! 20 or 30 years body ’ s explore the importance of a healthy diet and nutrition also important... Incredible guarantee for halting the movement of scoliosis their course of treatment failed! Require surgical treatment, without any involvement of invasive surgery or medication about scoliosis the curve is than. And surgery, recovery time varies the spine is out of normal alignment and obesity important to that. Not involve surgery, it can take several months for the fusion heals 's scoliosis measures... And 40 degrees, treatment with bracing is used reduce a curvature, diet and nutrition also become important of!, including pain due to scoliosis, some parents of young patients have themselves. Surgery in curves 30 and under I could say I have a customised 3D spinal braces that can be effective... That can be straightened is limited by rotation and stiff connective tissue ( contractures ) to be known of.... Nor it is made of thinner material, so it ’ s of! Be an important part of that involve surgery, recovery time varies pain that can be done physiotherapy. Is no relation of the Week set his sights on helping others who debilitating. Lower bone density and scoliosis at an average progression of 1.0° without surgery the.. Are already suffering from it hold incredible guarantee for halting the movement of scoliosis is yet be... June 17, 2020 by Dr Paul Irvine - Blog “ the of... Between lower bone density and scoliosis to hold the bones together while the fusion to heal to. Effective treatment option for those who are suffering from back pain and improvement in the non-surgical options.