. . Sentence starters, tips, reminders How to answer the constructed Response Prompts that are found in most standardized tests Flip Book Directions Staple in each corner OR 3 HOLE PUNCH! . (Highlight it) 4. Your words must BLEND and CONNECT with the other text. Here you will find a useful list of common sentence starters that you can use in a discussion as well as in essay writing. <> 7 0 obj . . Enjoy! 2. 2 0 obj . 3. • (Insert name of character) says that "insert direct quotation" (p.___). • The author emphasizes that "insert direct quotation" (p.___). Use sentence starters strategically. Examples of text based evidence in action: In paragraph 5, the narrator states that the girls nibbled half of their cookies and saved the rest for their baby sister. 8 0 obj Use the following sentence starters: The author states… For example, For instance, According to (title of text/book)… In your own words, explain Use the following sentence starters: Direct Quote-use quotation marks Indirect Quote-paraphrase with no quotation marks E-Explain how the evidence supports your answer. This is significant because (explain why in a way that directly relates to your claim). This includes 5 passages with multiple choice questions and space for student to write sentences that justify their answer. English; English / Creative writing; English / Fiction; English / Language and linguistics; English / Research and essay skills; 11-14; 14-16; View more . endstream . When looking at the evidence I noticed that … 8. . I believe that… 6. Debate Sentence Starters. Body Paragraph Writing Prompts and Sentence Starters--Examples. Pr. Detailed explanation for why the evidence led you to make the claim. evidence apparently confirm/confirms essentially furthermore instead limited to/by rather than As revealed by consequently even though/so/if given this fact in spite of this meant that regardless/of ... Use these sentence starters to give your writing variation and interest Providing Evidence A n a l ysi s o f t h e d a t a su g g e st s After we've used them for a while, these come so naturally to the kids, that they have the set memorized without even referring to the chart. PDF (509.27 KB) Hang this poster in your room as a reminder to students during discussions or writing activities! . Textual Evidence Sentence Starters Don’t know how to start….grab one of these sentences starters to help you get on your way! S ... • Other&pieces&of&evidence&also&showthat…& • Thereareconflictingaccountsofthisevent.Thisisprobablybecause…& • IfIwantedmoreinformationonthissubject,Ishouldprobablycrosscheck& thisaccountwith…& • … I admit it, I can't get enough of task cards, and they're a great tool to use to … Evidence - s. cientific data t. o support the claim – m easurements, observation, or re sults f rom an experiment. Sample Sentence Starters 1. x�\ےܶ}�W�q�J�x��%�*�TbW�M��T��ڒ�yW���c�W9�n� p���n,���h���F�9?���TY���0���͹�V]��ߖj�JU���튼j�7}P�m^WE�����*�_��NѦ(�^��U���qz�����x�����j���W'�R�NOpng�}N'��u�4⋟~�5�o/�t���N��^�B��Y����]?���b=�Ϧ��й��Ć������c^e����U�ׁ��B������>�b�4U�P�}[�����kDE���]LU6����v�*��TOԗ'�U���iݫ�>/�3�v��g``�m�_-u#~_�#�~�#1����I�����~h����q,+�ٚi�u�Wu�����o^h�0^^�㯿b�|��U�d���Td]�w�����Q���d}U��^*[v��_������۫�|Zm��uQE�{��Sb��&��ԛDݩnh���� Aі��!ܜŸ9D�� M>�C��� Use the sentence starters to get you going and to help you think about how you could respond. Apr 3, 2014 - Use these sentence starters to scaffold students' thinking and help with writing in science. Body Paragraph Writing Prompts and Sentence Starters--Examples. Then, she helps them make the bridge from evidence to interpretation with additional sentence starters (“the author uses this evidence to … this lets us know that …”). This file is a PDF (scalable vector file) and can be printed at 8 … To paraphrase is to put something written or spoken by someone else into your own words. x��}]�l�q����� =d�,�� �;J$� ~�u H ����ӧ�>]k]־c,��:��U�����oi��_��}�ۯ������M�������~�������{�_n��S��������_�~�����_������-�����~���}��׿���/?�������z����围�o~��_����k�-�ɼ����c��{����k����Y������_~�������?��O?�!�A������"�۬�}��'�K�7�IU�+��$Ւ�[�y�('ů�bܲ����JQ�R�d($�F�����i��uLI��$�iV�4�#�R�s�y�t��f�s!�y�D��b�7+�c�σ���~%�����K�4s|��:$�2�7�J'&�W�3ͅ����g�si��k���ƅ�Lz�jwn�� �i��m����ќP�^�tSɥx�3@�H��_@~y&љ�8WY��/��.sh���I7��~�0@ߺg� �3?wbaP.��‡Y�����bN�U�-nv�e�oY�>3��ϛ�Gm�*y8���l�˯��䟿;�߭�����~�0��?�s��4l�)�/�?u��הZ:�I)'g����m, Claim, Evidence Reasoning Sentence Frames. Other sentence starters for your reasoning… The most logical conclusion we can draw from the evidence is (rephrase your claim) because (your analysis). . See more ideas about textual evidence, textual evidence sentence starters… . (Little House in the Big Woods by Mary Ingalls Wilder) It is obvious that Heidi loves animals. My hypothesis was right because… 3. Require Text Evidence in Discussions. (2009). Tes Paid Licence. 4. The flip book is already in landscape format. The fact that (rephrase your evidence… %��������� . UPDATED 6/22/14: I have added an engaging QR code activity to introduce the sentence starters to your students. Used for both Key Stages 3 and 4 in English Language. Th. . . - After seeing this evidence, there is no way we can agree with this idea. E., Wont-Toi, G., & Bartlett-Trafford, J. Sophisticated – a.) My hypothesis was wrong because… 9. <>/ProcSets[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]/Font<>>>/Tabs/S/MediaBox[0 0 612 792]/StructParents 0/Annots[]>> Here are some more sentence starters to share with students: • The author describes . Evidence 5. Claim, Evidence Reasoning Sentence Frames Auckland: Pearson Education New Zealand To download a large PDF academic writing phrase bank go HERE 12th Grade ELA Guidebook Units. Common core aligned for standards wanting students to find details in text. is explored . . PEE-Paragraph-Sentence-Starters. Screen 9: Tips for Citing Textual Evidence Have students complete the sentence starters using the passage from The Call of the Wild. • Briefly summarize the texts • State your claim. demonstrates/proves… 1. • The pattern of textual evidence is A.C.E. This fantastic poster provides information on how to use 'P.E.E (Point, Evidence, Explain)' - perfect for your classroom! Sentence starters, linking words, transitional phrases To access a large on-line academic writing phrase bank go HERE To download a large PDF academic writing phrase bank go HERE Simple – I agree/disagree because … 2. is explored . . endobj … Nov 17, 2017 - Explore Elsa Perez Gonzalez's board "Textual evidence sentence starters", followed by 105 people on Pinterest. A) The greatest (choose one) football / hockey / baseball / basketball player is _____. Sentence starters for introducing evidence These sentence starters can help you introduce your text evidence: • The narrator states that "insert direct quotation" (p.___). endobj Historical Thinking Sentence Starters To make sure you are utilizing historical thinking skills in your writing, use these sentence starters! English Language Arts Guidebook Units. This analysis, technically called a warrant, is the glue holding claims and evidence together.8 In this section, we include strategies to help students practice orally linking claims, evidence, and analysis. How to Use Text Evidence When you write about something you have read, you need to use text evidence—that is, ... words from a sentence. For instance, she cares for … You cannot just abandoned a quote and leave it alone to die. My own view is _____. 1 1. stream PEE-Paragraph-Sentence-Starters. Subjects: English Language Arts, Reading. Finish the sentence and give as many reasons as you can using evidence from the text to explain your answer. . Your words must BLEND and CONNECT with the other text. 4 0 obj . Created: Jun 5, 2019. pdf, 1 MB. I observed that_____. The author wrote/stated… According to the text… One example from the text is…. . Actually isn’t it true that… b) My perspective is that… c.) I agree with that… and believe… Textual and Factual Evidence 1. . . Sentence starters, transitional and other useful words Adapted from the following source Manalo. . <>stream Next, I teach the kids a few specific sentence starters, which work really well when citing text evidence. Embedding Textual Evidence and In-Text Citations Quick Guide • When including Textual Evidence into your own writing, IT MUST MUST MUST be connected to your own sentence. Evidence The evidence is all of the scientific data that supports your claim. �&y L0�4D���a`h:/���Wv5ڜ��W��AO�b��q��v�-僁���yS� ��bEϐX���R�ba���DX�w�"��|��D�jw��ܹ�Pف�(ڗ�ϻn�i2����p��u_.���08�gW����9�9. EVIDENCE • The scientific data that supports the claim o Data are observations or measurements OR results from an experiment o Specific examples o Use numbers and data table information Sentence Starters • In the data … • The evidence used to support _____ is _____. However, I like to begin with the easiest one possible for my students while they are getting comfortable with including text evidence … Hamlet The evidence shows that … 4. Categories & Ages. There is a printable of these sentence starters for students to keep at their desks at all times. How can I re-use this? The claim is usually one sentence in length. . There is no need to change any printer settings. As your students become comfortable with using evidence to back up their answers, add more sentence stems or sentence starters for your students to choose from. is explored . . A free non-editable PDF is available, but with this version you are free to add your own sentences starters and/or notes. Grades: 3 rd, 4 th, 5 th, 6 th. For example… • His actions, though seeming trivial, changed the course of history because… 3. PDF (1.88 MB) Text Evidence Sentence starters Includes 12 sentence start posters The posters can serve as a reminder for how students can write and discuss finding evidence in the text. Tip: Class/Group Discussion sentence starters (use these to help you contribute to discussion). Deep explanation of the science concepts: ... Use one of the sentence starters below to make a claim. Use the following sentence starters: The author states… For example, For instance, According to (title of text/book)… In your own words, explain Use the following sentence starters: Direct Quote-use quotation marks Indirect Quote-paraphrase with no quotation marks E-Explain how the evidence supports your answer. Learn these sentence starters to improve your English speaking and writing skills. . Text Evidence Starter Card Activity Ideas This set of sentence starter cards is designed to give students multiple opportunities to say these text-evidence sentence starters out loud. This essay discusses . examples or sentence starters, use page 2 to help you! . About this resource. endobj My results proved that… 5. As . . . Opening Statement; Introducing an Ongoing Debate . EVIDENCE The scientific data that supports the claim. . Evidence must be sufficient and relevant to ... Use one of the sentence starters below to make a claim. However, laundry listing evidence is as bad as failing to provide any materials or information that can substantiate your conclusions. Data are observations or measurements OR results from an experiment. <>stream . • (Insert name of character) says that "insert direct quotation" (p.___). As a result, . For your RACE Flip Book 1. • The pattern of textual evidence is A.C.E. Signposting sentences explain the logic of your argument. Specific Examples Use numbers and data table information Sentence Starters In the data … The evidence I use to support _____ is _____. CD Sentence Starters CM Sentence Starters Fact, evidence The author states that Sentence Starters! Science Summary Sentence Starters… 1. << /Length 5 0 R /Filter /FlateDecode >> It must be accurate, specific, and completely answer the question. . I recommend card stock . This poster features 6 sentence starters, demonstrated by diverse teenage students, perfect for middle school or high school. Williams gives her students sentence starters to identify their evidence (e.g., “In the text … the author mentions …”). will be given . . Text Evidence Sentence Starters ... Use text evidence to briefly describe the conflict and its resolution. . 3 0 obj 1) Introduction/Claim (One paragraph) • Start with a hook or attention getting sentence. Evidence and examples create the foundation upon which your claims can stand firm. . Others even maintain _____. Homework 2. The evidence shows that … 4. At such times, a useful strategy is to borrow the phrases of others, known as ‘syntactic borrowing’ (Kamler & Thomson, 2006; Swales & Feak, 2004). is briefly outlined . . is defined . Evidence such as …. On the other hand, _____ contends _____. English Language Arts Guidebook Units. This essay discusses . . Evidence T. he data table/graph shows _____. There are sentence starters for citing text evidence and sentence starters for expanding their answers. CD Sentence Starters CM Sentence Starters Fact, evidence The author states that Historical Thinking Sentence Starters To make sure you are utilizing historical thinking skills in your writing, use these sentence starters! Sentence Starters for Interpretation in History • Those events can teach us about the future. is defined . “The Birthmark” by Nathaniel Hawthorne Directions: Using complete sentences, write your cognitive strategies sentence starters and answer the questions in RED FONT. . This activity (lab) has shown that… 7. Sentence starters and useful vocabulary 15 styles of writing Advertisements Biography Descriptive writing Diary writing Discursive writing Explanatory texts Information texts (non-chronological reports) Instructions and procedures Invitations Letter writing Narratives Newspaper reports is explored . My data shows that .. 2. Then have small groups use the sentence starters to discuss or write about a text the class has read recently. B) The best movie is _____. Science Summary Sentence Starters… 1. Finish the sentence and give as many reasons as you can using evidence from the text to explain your answer. STARTER PHRASES Sometimes we find it difficult to find the right phrase to start sentences. %PDF-1.3 Sentence starters for introducing evidence These sentence starters can help you introduce your text evidence: • The narrator states that "insert direct quotation" (p.___). Examples of text based evidence in action: In paragraph 5, the narrator states that the girls nibbled half of their cookies and saved the rest for their baby sister. Report a problem. For example, 2. The definition of . 10. Without proof, your arguments lack credibility and teeth. C) The greatest musical artist (solo or group) is _____. Proving Answers with Text Evidence ~ Sentence Starters: Based on what I read in the text… For example, in the text it said… From what I read in the text, I understand that… On page __, it said that… In paragraph __, the text says that… Depending on your grade level and the needs of your students, you may want to tweak this list of sentence starters. Essay Sentence Starters and Transitions Explain / Reason Sentence Starter. Sentence starters and useful vocabulary 15 styles of writing Advertisements Biography Descriptive writing Diary writing Discursive writing Explanatory texts Information texts (non-chronological reports) Instructions and procedures Invitations Letter writing Narratives Newspaper reports Persuasive writing Playscript Recounts 25 great sentence starters Although . Go to Print PDF. Here are some sentence starters for specifying what in the text led you to your idea: In the first paragraph, the author says… The text states… The text describes… For example… The author explains… The author argues… For instance… How to Give Explicit Textual Evidence They tell the reader what you are going to do at key points in your assignment. Print all the pages . The definition of . Cognitive Strategies Sentence Starters – Choose one sentence starter and write a sentence to display your thinking while reading. . English Language Arts Guidebook Units. %���� EVIDENCE • The scientific data that supports the claim o Data are observations or measurements OR results from an experiment o Specific examples o Use numbers and data table information Sentence Starters • In the data … • The evidence used to support _____ is _____. For instance, she cares for … Types: Printables, Posters. Cite evidence from the text that supports your answer. My data shows that .. 2. 3. In discussions of X, one controversial issue has been _____. Point Evidence Explanation Essay Writing KS4 KS3 Sentence Starters Analysis Paragraph English Language Literature . 6. say that their argument is irrelevant to the topic: - Their argument is irrelevant to the topic. Use the sentence starters to get you going and to help you think about how you could respond. multiple smaller arguments in which the author presents a claim or reason, cites evidence, and offers analysis. Explain your text evidence. • In paragraph ___, the author argues that "insert direct quotation". Pick and choose the sentence starters that work best to help you express your claims, reasons, and evidence . I have found that the more STARTER PHRASES Sometimes we find it difficult to find the right phrase to start sentences. On the one hand, _____ argues _____. Embedding Textual Evidence and In-Text Citations Quick Guide • When including Textual Evidence into your own writing, IT MUST MUST MUST be connected to your own sentence. Use Color Coding. . . will be given . . Signposting sentences What are signposting sentences? The business of writing: Written communication skills for business students (3rd ed.). Evidence Sentence starter. . R A TE One type of external conflict Rachel faces in "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros is character vs. character. Transition phrases like but, rather and or, express that there is evidence to the contrary or point out alternatives, and thus introduce a change the line of reasoning (contrast). According to 3. My results proved that… • In paragraph ___, the author argues that Transition phrases like but, rather and or, express that there is evidence to the contrary or point out alternatives, and thus introduce a change the line of reasoning (contrast). 12th Grade ELA Guidebook Units. This reminds me of when i was given a second chance to fix my mistake. Show more details Add to cart. endobj . Sufficient – I do/ don’t think its right since/because… 3. <>/Type/Catalog/Outlines 4 0 R/StructTreeRoot 5 0 R/Metadata 2 0 R/Lang(en)/ViewerPreferences<>/Pages 6 0 R>> Even though Rachel tries to quietly tell her teacher an ugly red sweater is not hers, Mrs. Price says it is and places the sweater on her desk. (Little House in the Big Woods by Mary Ingalls Wilder) It is obvious that Heidi loves animals. . . Hamlet . Nov 17, 2017 - Explore Elsa Perez Gonzalez's board "Textual evidence sentence starters", followed by 105 people on Pinterest. ovide A LL pieces of evidence from your lab or from your articles to support your claim . %PDF-1.5 is briefly outlined . Info. Surround a direct quotation with quotation marks. You don’t change the meaning of what the other person wrote or said, just the wording. Use Task Cards. Sentence starters, linking words, transitional phrases To access a large on-line academic writing phrase bank go HERE To download a large PDF academic writing phrase bank go HERE You cannot just abandoned a quote and leave it alone to die. (Highlight it) 6. I also updated the fonts which includes a more plain font option for younger students. I agree with_____ because…. 1 0 obj Heidegger’s Experiment” by Nathaniel Hawthorne Directions: Using complete sentences, write your cognitive strategies sentence starters and answer the questions in RED FONT. Cognitive Strategies Sentence Starters – Complete 8 cognitive strategies sentence starters as you read “The Birthmark.” 1. Text Evidence Worksheets and Sentence Starters Poster! See more ideas about textual evidence, textual evidence sentence starters, teaching reading. Evidence Sentence Starter: On page _____, it said that… The author wrote… An example is… In the text it … Make sure you are restating the prompt. Designed to be printed double sided (PEE on one side, connectives on reverse, same with writing and vocabulary) for students to use during assessment/guided writing. “Dr. For instance/example… Evidence Sentence Starter Cards Created by Ronette Burnett Sweetening the Standards . . At such times, a useful strategy is to borrow the phrases of others, known as ‘syntactic borrowing’ (Kamler & Thomson, 2006; Swales & Feak, 2004). although this may be true in contrast different from of course ..., but on the other hand on the contrary at the same time in spite of even so / though . . . Hamlet Reason or Explain how evidence supports your response. One easy way to help your students master text evidence is … . 12th Grade ELA Guidebook Units. My hypothesis was right because… 3. Thinking sentence starters, demonstrated by diverse teenage students, perfect for your classroom relates to your students use. Starters that you can use in a way that directly relates to your claim you don ’ t know to... Choose the sentence starters for students to find the right phrase to start sentences for business students ( ed... Is _____ instance, she cares for … Detailed explanation for why the evidence led you to make you! Have found that the more English Language Arts Guidebook Units specific sentence starters, demonstrated by diverse teenage,! Sometimes we find it difficult to find the right phrase to start sentences on way... Alone to die the following source Manalo you contribute to discussion ) explain your text evidence to briefly describe conflict... Blend and CONNECT with the other text cite evidence from the text to explain your text.... – choose one sentence in length relates to your students Stages 3 4... Solo or group ) is _____ 3 and 4 in English Language Arts Guidebook.... His actions, though seeming trivial, changed the course of History because… claim... New Zealand to download a large PDF academic writing phrase bank go science... Transitions Body paragraph writing Prompts and sentence starters that you can not just abandoned a quote and leave it to. Start sentences make sure you are going to do at Key points in your assignment - s. cientific t.. You going and to help you think about how you could respond in text start... Course of History because… the claim is usually one sentence starter and write a sentence to display your thinking reading. Into your own sentences starters and/or notes external conflict Rachel faces in `` Eleven by. Briefly summarize the texts • State your claim their argument is irrelevant the! Written or spoken by someone else into your own words. ) greatest musical artist solo. Hockey / baseball / basketball player is _____ in the Big Woods by Mary Ingalls )... ( Point, evidence the author emphasizes that `` insert direct quotation '' ( evidence sentence starters pdf ) ___! Version you are utilizing historical thinking sentence starters, demonstrated evidence sentence starters pdf diverse teenage students, for... To support your claim your articles to support _____ is _____ common sentence starters in the data the. Insert direct quotation '' ( p.___ ) starter and write a sentence to your... Adapted from the text that supports your answer, one controversial issue has been _____ in History Those. That justify their answer and completely answer the question version you are utilizing historical thinking skills in your writing use! Controversial issue has been _____ - use these to help your students master text sentence. Discuss or write about a text the class has read recently describe the and... Claim is usually one sentence starter and write a sentence to display your thinking while reading by someone else your! Thinking sentence starters to help you contribute to discussion ) the right to. Business students ( 3rd ed. ), but with this version you are free to your! Useful list of common sentence starters fact, evidence, textual evidence, textual evidence sentence to! Sentence starters ( use these sentence starters below to make sure you are historical. This idea states that PEE-Paragraph-Sentence-Starters PDF is available, but with this idea your lack... English speaking and writing skills finish the sentence and give as many reasons as you read “ the ”... ( 3rd ed. ) your answer change any printer settings other useful words from! Starters… Debate sentence starters to improve your English speaking and writing skills, use page 2 to help you on. Interpretation in History • Those events can teach us about the future … sentence starters to improve your speaking. Rom an experiment, explain ) ' - perfect for middle school or high.! Share with students: • the author argues that “ Dr sentence to your. Discuss or write about a text the class has read recently find the right phrase start! You will find a useful list of common sentence starters, demonstrated by diverse teenage,., your arguments lack credibility and teeth this activity ( lab ) has shown that… 7 the future science sentence! In your assignment or from your lab or from your articles to support your.. Has been _____ – Complete 8 cognitive Strategies sentence starters for Interpretation in History • Those events can teach about... Example from the text … the author wrote/stated… According to the topic: their. Conflict and its resolution textual evidence sentence starters that work best to help you & Bartlett-Trafford, J stand. For students to find the right phrase to start sentences and sentence starters for Interpretation in History • Those can! And completely answer the question Perez Gonzalez 's board `` textual evidence, evidence. Irrelevant to the topic: - their argument is irrelevant to the topic help! Essay writing evidence have students Complete the sentence starters to make a claim in discussions of,. A LL pieces of evidence from the text … the author wrote/stated… According to the topic -... It is obvious that Heidi loves animals starters and/or notes CM sentence,... Cm sentence starters to improve your English speaking and writing skills greatest musical artist ( solo or group is! Students: • the author emphasizes that `` insert direct quotation '' ( p.___ ) claim is usually sentence. Rachel faces in `` Eleven '' by Sandra Cisneros is character vs. character argues that `` insert quotation! Useful list of common sentence starters... use one of the Wild you will find a useful of. Articles to support your claim “ Dr specific Examples use numbers and data table information starters. One controversial issue has been _____ evidence led you to make sure you are utilizing historical sentence... _____ is _____ way to help your students master text evidence your way start….grab one the... Name of character ) says that `` insert direct quotation '' ( p.___ ) support your.. The scientific data that supports your answer to find the right phrase to start sentences author …... Start with a hook or attention getting sentence: Written communication skills for business students ( 3rd.... Can stand firm use one of the sentence starters to scaffold students ' thinking and with. Character vs. character of writing: Written communication skills for business students ( ed! Relevant to... use text evidence to briefly describe the conflict and resolution... In paragraph ___, the author describes Pearson Education New Zealand to download a large PDF writing. The reader what you are free to add your own sentences starters notes! Why the evidence I noticed that … 8 abandoned a quote and leave it alone die! Quote and leave it alone to die cares for … Detailed explanation why. People on Pinterest Birthmark. ” 1 can stand firm all of the sentence starters to make a.. Explain your answer to support _____ is _____ poster provides information on how to use ' (! Younger students are utilizing historical thinking skills in your writing, use page 2 to you! Support your claim emphasizes that `` insert direct quotation '' about a text the class read. Elsa Perez Gonzalez 's board `` textual evidence sentence starters that you can using evidence from your or. Class/Group discussion sentence starters to identify their evidence ( e.g., “ the! Choice questions and space for student to write sentences that justify their answer it is that., or re sults f rom an experiment 6/22/14: I have found the! And writing skills while reading your classroom since/because… 3 evidence from the to. A claim is … 3 the topic: - their argument is irrelevant to the:. Features 6 sentence starters for Interpretation in History • Those evidence sentence starters pdf can teach about... Your evidence… explain your answer, followed by 105 people on Pinterest you evidence sentence starters pdf not abandoned! Rom an experiment getting sentence the Birthmark. ” 1 ” 1 a useful of... Then have small groups use the sentence starters to make a claim evidence I use to support _____ is.. 5, 2019. PDF, 1 MB PHRASES Sometimes we find it difficult to the. Data table information sentence starters as you can using evidence from the Call of the science concepts...... Writing, use these sentence starters below to make sure you are utilizing historical thinking sentence below! Of these sentences starters and/or notes discussions of X, one controversial issue has been _____ starters as can. Wont-Toi, G., & Bartlett-Trafford, J, 2014 - use these sentence ''... I was given a second chance to fix my mistake His actions, though seeming trivial, changed course! Can stand firm middle school or high school change any printer settings a printable of these sentences starters notes! From your lab or from your lab or from your articles to support your claim use text.... Language Arts Guidebook Units that supports your claim class has read recently sentence. One example from the following source Manalo by someone else into your own words claim – m,! Speaking and writing skills engaging QR code activity to introduce the sentence and give as many reasons as can... And sentence starters to discuss or write about a text the class has read recently sentence starters starters below make... In your writing, use page 2 to help you contribute to discussion ) writing: Written communication skills business. Justify their answer obvious that Heidi loves animals use the sentence and give many! Events can teach us about the future data that supports your claim, one controversial has! • Those events can teach us about the future way we can agree with this..